They are a major ingredient in a variety of Malaysian and Peranakan cuisine including char kway teow, Hokkien mee, mee rebus, and pasembor.
Sprouts are a great, inexpensive way of obtaining a concentration of vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
This is the 5 reason why you should eat Mung Bean Sprout.
1) Rich in Major vitamins and Minerals: B vitamins, folate, vitamin C, Iron, potassium
2) Bean sprouts are a good source of dietary fiber easily digestible and contain a high concentration of enzymes facilitating the digestive process.
3) Can help lower risk of some birth defects.
4) Lower risk of heart attack.
5) The sprouts are free of cholesterol, and are ideal for anyone who wants to lose weight.
Asian Online Recipes
Fertility level may be low because of wide range of factors such as physical causes, stress, environmental pollution and lack of nutrients. Agnus Castus has been used for the treatment of menstrual difficulties, PMS, and other conditions. for at least 2,500 years. Agnus Castus is also one of many herbs used to boost fertility and also said to stimulate ovulation.
These are some of the helpful tips that you should take in order for you to practice Natural Cures:
1) MIND SET
You must SET A MIND SET!, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away", which means, you are the cure yourself. Start practicing healthy eating habits, avoid those processed foods, fast foods, junk foods and start exercising at least 20 minutes per day and 3 times a week.
2) SET A GOAL
Setting a goal, for an example "This week i will eat at least 5 types of fruits, 3 types of vegetables, and i will get 6 pack abs in 3 month!". These are good for your motivation to practice Natural Cures.
3) KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF NATURAL CURES
Always keep reminding yourself (be self conscious) to know more about and the importance of Natural Cures. You can achieve this by reading this BLOG, or buy a book about Natural Cures and Alternative Remedy/Medicine. Get all the latest information such as Natural Cures for diseases, Interesting Herbal facts and Alternative Therapies.
4) CREATE A SCHEDULE
Create a weekly schedule on what to eat in a daily basis from Monday to Sunday. Change your menu every one week, or just plan for the whole month. This way you can save some time and plan early to prepare for your upcoming healthy meals. This goes the same for exercising and doing your therapies such as YOGA. Force yourself to go to therapy classes, and exercising.
MAKE IT A HABIT
Instead of eating junk foods for snacks while watching movies, reading magazine or just doing nothing, why don't you replace it with raw food such as nuts and grains such as Almonds, Pistachios or fruits such as Grapes, Apples, Baby Carrots or even vegetables such as broccoli. Don't forget the drinks, why don't you drink fruit juice instead of beer or soda drinks.
6) SAVE AND SPEND FOR YOUR HEALTH
Eating good food is not always cheap, so save up some money by planning your expenditures. Try to avoid buying unnecessary items that doesnt bring any benefits and start investing on food for your health!
Thats 6 steps!, if you know more steps, why dont you share your thoughts! leave some comments!
What can Honey do for your health?
Honey is Good for your Mind.
Honey has free sugar molecules which makes the brain function better since the brain is the largest consumer of sugar, thus, reduces fatigue. Honey as a property where it can rapidly diffuses through the blood in 7 minutes when accompanied with water.
Good Blood flow to the brain is good for your mind, Honey also supports blood formation as it provides an important part of the energy needed by the body for blood formation. In addition, it helps in cleansing the blood. It has some positive effects in regulating and facilitating blood circulation. It also functions as a protection against capillary problems and arteriosclerosis.
Honey helps in healing wounds.
Honey promotes healing of ulcers and burns better than any other local application. It can also be applied to other surface wounds, including cuts and abrasions,stomach aches such as gastric ulcers and diarrhea.
Honey have germ fighting properties.
Honey act as natural antiseptic. By applying honey to your wounds,cuts, you can prevent infections. Honey contains antimicrobial agents, which prevents infections by killing the bacteria in and around your wounds. Many types of bacteria can’t survive in honey, so wounds heal, swelling eases, and tissue can grow back.
Honey for Natural Beauty.
Honey softens and moisturizes for a healthy complexion. To take advantage of honey's skin softening potential, splash warm water on your face to open the pores. Then apply a thin honey mask, wash it off, and finish with a bit of cold water to the face. Dry skin cells plump up and wrinkles tend to smooth away. Dairy cream, whipped egg white, fresh lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or any fruit juice may be mixed into your honey mask.
Honey for treating Allergies.
A research by Dr. William G. Peterson, an allergist from Ada in the 1950's, said he now has 22,000 patients across the nation who are using raw honey along with more customary medications to relieve allergy symptoms.
"It must be raw honey because raw honey contains all the pollen, dust and molds that cause 90 per cent of all allergies," - Dr. William G. Peterson.
Honey as Anti-Cancer.
Recent studies by Gribel and Pashinskii indicated that honey possessed moderate antitumor and pronounced anti-metastatic effects in five different strains of rat and mouse tumors.
Advantages of Honey.
1. It is non-irritating to the lining of the digestive tract.
2. It is easily and rapidly assimilated.
3. It quickly furnishes the demand for energy.
4. It enables athletes and others who expand energy heavily to recuperate rapidly from exertion.
5. It is, of all sugars, handled best by the kidneys.
6. It has a natural and gentle laxative effect.
7. It has sedative value, quieting the body.
8. It is easily obtainable.
9. It is inexpensive.
For Medicinal properties
1. Calming down the nervous system.
2. Producing sleep at night.
3. Relieves annoying coughs.
4. Has a laxative action which is effective, yet mild.
5. Relieves pain in arthritis.
6. It is antiseptic.
7. Cures bed-wetting in children.
8. Controls muscle cramps.
9. Relieves burns.
10. Relieves stuffy nose.
11. Treats hay fever.
12. Relieves nasal sinusitis.
Blackherbals dot com have listed most of it advantages. Click here to read more.
Honey application in Ayurvedic Therapies.
Ayurveda treats it as food for health while even ancient medicine systems used it both an external applicator for some conditions, as well as an oral medicine. In India it is believed that cooking honey will break down amino acids and cause ama or acidity in the system.
Besides, the age of the honey is also important in the Indian food system. Young honey (less than six months old), is healing for people with pitta characteristics. Fresh honey is actually best for everyone, but then it can be consumed with foods that counter its negative properties like cold and dry basic nature. Accompanied, for example, with sesame seeds, it can help warm the system. With yoghurt, it serves to enhance the astringent properties. Adding honey to boiled milk, serves to render warmth and drying qualities to the milk. - Buzzle dot com
Source - Islamic World, Raw Honey, Mother Earth, Black Herbal, Buzzle
What kind of treatment is best for vaginismus?
The answer would be therapies that can help you relax physically and emotionally may be most useful. Therapies using Aromatherapy is good to induce relaxation. Regular sensual massage (but avoid the genitals area) by a partner using essential oils of ylang ylang, rose, jasmine, sandalwood or rosemary blended in a carrier oil may help relaxation and build trust.
This is one of the best Alternative Therapies. Rosemary is believed to have uplifting properties that may help counter the tension underlying vaginismus.
Psychotherapy and Counseling
If a women is in a relationship, sexual counseling usually involves both partners. It may include education about sexual responses, examination of the vagina and vaginal exercises. Techniques used may include "sensate focusing" which emphasize sensual touch and pleasure rather than penetration, or relaxation exercises, visualization and perhaps hypnotherapy.
Psychotherapy may help identify and resolve emotional problems that result from past experiences.
Source - Natural Healing Encyclopedia
A bruise, also called a contusion or ecchymosis. Scientifically speaking, it is a kind of injury to biological tissue in which the capillaries are damaged, allowing blood to seep into the surrounding tissue. It is usually caused by blunt impact. Bruises often induce pain but are not normally dangerous. Sometimes bruises can be serious, leading to other more life threatening forms of hematoma, or can be associated with serious injuries, including fractures and internal bleeding.
What is the first step when you get a Bruise?
- Rest and protect a bruised area.
- Ice will reduce pain and swelling. Apply ice or cold packs immediately to prevent or minimize swelling. Apply the ice or cold pack for 10 to 20 minutes, 3 or more times a day. This will reduce pain and inflammation. Please do not try this remedy on broken skin.
- A day after using ice packs, apply heating pads to the affected area, this will dilate blood vessels and improve circulation.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamin C and iron. Foods rich in vitamin C are broccoli, sweet potatoes, citrus fruits and cauliflower. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Include garlic and onions in your diet. Garlic is also a natural antibiotic.
- Avoid mucus-forming foods such as dairy products, processed foods, sugar, sweet fruits, and white flour.
Witch Hazel helps reducing inflammation and bleeding. An ointment made from witch hazel can be applied to the skin to treat bruises and cuts and to tighten stretched (distended) veins and restore blood vessel tone.
Witch hazel is recommended for external use. Some people drink witch hazel tea, but the correct dosage is uncertain. Consuming too much witch hazel can cause nausea, vomiting, and constipation.
Arnica ointment can be applied to the skin to treat bruises. It may improve healing by:
- Decreasing swelling.
- Decreasing pain.
- Speeding blood reabsorption.
Arnica is recommended for external use only. Do not put arnica inside your mouth or swallow it. The plant is poisonous and, if swallowed, it can cause stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, cardiac arrest, and death.
Stop using arnica if a skin rash develops.Heinz vinegar
Apply Heinz vinegar to the bruise using a cotton ball. This will speed up the healing process.
Help of herbal flowers
Steep mullein flowers into olive oil and apply it on the bruise.
Source - HRFY, WebmD,
How to use this herb?
However, feverfew does not seem to affect migraines that have already started. Researchers used to think that a single compound found in feverfew was what helped migraine prevention.
Overall, these studies suggest that feverfew taken daily as dried leaf capsules may reduce the incidence of attacks in patients who experience long-term migraine headaches.
Source - Wiki, Natural Herbs Guide
Related Links - Migrain , Headache
Aromatherapy - You may be advised to apply tea tree oil, which has anti bacterial properties.
Ayurveda - Nail Diagnosis is a important element of Ayurvedic medicine. Practitioners may recommend applying Aloe Vera and Turmeric for fungal infections, and neem oil for infections of the nail and cuticle.
Food for Nail problems:
- Zinc Rich Foods: Beef, Crabmeat, Oysters, Lamb, Turkey, Brown Rice, Salmon, Spinach, Yogurt, Beans,Rye Bread.
- Vitamin B6 Rich Foods: Avocados, nuts, liver, chicken, fish, green beans, field salad, wheat germ, nutritional yeast, sea vegetables, and bananas are particularly good food sources.
A healthy blood supply will create a peachy-pink nail bed. If there is a deficiency or physical problem within our bodies, the fingernails can show it.- Visit Essortment for more info
What are some of the problems that an show up on the nails, and what are the signs?
Discolored nails: Diabetes, stress, allergies and simple illness can cause your nails to appear discolored. A greenish nail color, however, can be a sign of infection, either in the nail bed or in your system.
Dry, brittle fingernails can be a sign of a vitamin A deficiency. Dryness, combined with ridges, may indicate a lack of B vitamins, and curved nail ends, or darkening of the nail, may mean you need more vitamin B-12. Splitting and cracking nails signal a lack of hydrochloric acid in the stomach (this is especially implied if you also have seasonal allergies). If you develop a fungus around the cuticle or in the nail bed, it may mean that you don't have enough "friendly" intestinal bacteria working for you, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacteria bifidum. And, finally, insufficient protein, vitamin C, and folic acid may be suggested if you have frequent hangnails. If any of these conditions are present, you may want to consult a dermatologist or nutritionist to help correct any imbalances.- by karyn siegel-maier
source - Encyclopedia of Natural Healing
The majority of your muscle building happens when you are resting, and especially when you're asleep. Thats why sometimes you will get muscle pains when you are waking up the next morning.
When do we really need to eat the food for building Muscle Mass?
1. Increase the frequency of having your meals, but not by simply eat your heart out every time you have a meal, instead have a simple meal with good nutrition on each meal. When you eat a big meal, you body does not need all the nutrients from that meal right away, so it stores them, as fat. By eating smaller meals more frequently you only give your body what it needs, and it uses all of what you give it. This equals faster muscle growth and less fat storage.
2. The important time to eat is straight after your workout. Your muscle will go straight into repair mode as soon as your completed your workout, so you should feed them as soon as
possible after you finish your workout.
2. Eat whole grain wheat, brown bread, brown rice and potatoes 2-3 hour before you do your exercise. These food are needed for increasing your energy and keeping your energy levels up throughout your day. Remember not to eat too much carbohydrates in one meal, your body will tend to try to store them as fat. Try to eat small doses of carbohydrates in each meal for optimum energy levels. Pasta and Rice are easy to prepare and they provide excellent sources of carbohydrates to give energy for exercise and speed recovery afterward.
Best Food for Increasing Muscle Mass
1. Eggs - Muscle-Building, Immunity, Vision , One egg provides more than 6 grams of protein and 78 calories. They contain A and B vitamins to enhance immunity, nerve response, and vision.
2. Waffles - Cardio Fuel
waffles are great breakfast choice if players are going to be running in the morning, since eggs could turn stomachs.
3. Cold Cereal: Choose dense cereals (as opposed to flaked and puffed types), such as granola, Muesli, Grape-Nuts, Oats and Wheat Chex. Top with nuts, black beans, sunflower seeds, raisins, banana, and other fruits.
4. Hot Cereal: Cooking with milk, instead of water, adds more calories and increased nutritional value. Adding other foods such as: powdered milk, peanut butter, walnuts, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, or dried fruit will all add calories as well as needed mono and polyunsaturated fats.
5. Eat Fruits: Bananas, Pineapples, Raisins, Dates (Tamar), Apple,Cranberry, Grape, Pineapple, and Apricot. You can also drink them in a form of Juice.
6. Eat Sandwiches instead of expensive Power Bars. You can also stuff it with tuna salad, chicken, or other fillings and spread it with peanut butter, mayonnaise and jelly to make an inexpensive, healthful, and high calorie diet.
7. Get the right source of Proteins: If you want to gain lean muscle mass, eat lean muscle mass. Grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, is one of the easiest elements of any meal. Swordfish, tuna, salmon, and halibut are also good source of proteins and high in omega-3 fatty acids, they help muscles repair faster, and improve immune functions.
8. Eat those green Vegetables, Spinach is the ultimate man food. Like fruit, vegetables are a staple food group for replacing water lost through sweat. Plant sterols also aid in muscle repair.
9. Remember to take in those minerals as they can loss through your sweats. Replace this salts by drinking sports drink (that have natural salts for isotonic balance). Include more sodium-rich foods to help you retain water and avoid muscle cramping.
10. Drink Fat-free Milk to get more Calcium for your bones. Milk also assistsin muscle contraction through high magnesium and potassium content, which can control nerve function and prevent muscle cramping.
10 Foods To Boost Men's Health
Natural Food for Increasing Muscle Mass
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is generally regarded as 'the world's oldest medicine', with archaeological evidence placing its use at least as far back as ten thousand years ago.
What does Peppermint can do for your health?
The first good thing about peppermint is its property of natural freshness effects. If you just simply chew the leaves, it can give you an instantaneous elimination of Bad Breath! and people can smell the minty freshness as far as 10 meters away!
Actually there is a lot more benefit for eating this minty herb.
Peppermint helps Indigestion problems
Peppermint calms the muscles of the stomach and improves the flow of bile, which the body uses to digest fats. As a result, food passes through the stomach more quickly.
However, if you have gastoesophageal reflux disease or (GERD), you shouldn't take peppermint.
- Peppermint can relieve Menstrual Cramps
Peppermint has the potential to influence menstrual periods and, because it relaxes muscles, may help to relieve painful cramps.
- Peppermint can be use to treat Nausea and Vomiting
Suck on peppermint candy or chew a stick of peppermint gum. Peppermint is an antispasmodic that will help decrease the stomach contractions that may be causing your nausea.
- Peppermint for treating Galstones
Peppermint oil may help the body break down gallstones.
- Peppermint helps to fight Viruses
Peppermint oil has exhibited antiviral properties against a number of infectious agents, including herpes.
- Peppermint for soothing Itching and Skin Irritations
Peppermint, when applied topically, has a soothing and cooling effect on skin irritations caused by hives, poison ivy, or poison oak. Just Rub a drop of diluted peppermint oil onto insect bites, eczema, and other itching lesions, including the rash of poison ivy.
- Peppermint for releasing Tension Headache
Research has shown that peppermint applied to the forehead and temples compares favorably with acetaminophen (a commonly used over the counter medication) in terms of its ability to reduce headache symptoms.
- Peppermint Helps Cure Colds and Flu
Peppermint and its main active agent, menthol, are effective decongestants. Because menthol thins mucus, it is also a good expectorant, meaning that it helps loosen and breaks up coughs with phlegm. It is soothing and calming for sore throats (pharyngitis) and dry coughs as well.
- Peppermint Soothes Muscle Pain
Various muscle rubs and "ices" contain peppermint oil to reduce pain, burning, and inflammation.
Myths about Peppermint
Large amounts of some herbs such as peppermint and red raspberry leaf are thought to cause contractions and increase preterm labor. So be careful, not all natural things are good for all times..
References - UMM