How To Reduce The Menstrual Pain Naturally?
The diet factor is of the utmost importance. Fruits and salads , nature’s body-cleansing and health-restoring foods, must be taken to restore the balance.
The sufferer from menstrual disorders should begin with an all-fruit diet for about 2-5 days depending on her condition. In this regimen, the patient should have three meals a day of fresh, juicy fruits and vegetables such as :
Apples, pears, grapes, papaya, oranges, pineapple, peaches and melon, prunes, cherry, spinach, lettuce turnips and beet.
Carrot , cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, tomatoes, radish, red beets and onion and mung bean sprouts.
Lukewarm water mixed with the freshly squeezed juice of half a lime and a spoon of honey, carrot juice, sugarcane juice, apple juice and fresh milk (this is not fruit juice).
What kind of food to be avoided during Menstrual Cramps?
The foods which should be avoided/ lessen are white-flour products, sugar, confectionery, rich cakes, pastries, sweets, refined cereals, flesh foods, rich, heavy, or greasy foods, tinned or preserved foods, strong tea, coffee, caffeine, pickles, condiments and sauces. Smoking and Drinking Alcohol, if habitual, should be given up completely as it aggravates menstrual disorders.
Vitamins for Menstrual Cramps.
Zinc, calcium, and B vitamins obtained in food and supplements have been found to reduce cramps, bloating and other symptoms.
Herbal Remedies for Menstrual Cramps.
Herbal remedies such as Viburnum prunifolium, Scutellaria spp., and Cimicifuga raemosa have an antispasmodic effect that may reduce some menstrual cramps.
Hydrotherapy for Menstrual Cramps.
A warm bath filled with aromatherapy or a heating pad on your lower abdomen and back is often helpful for relieving menstrual cramping.
Other Remedies for Menstrual Cramps.
- Certain remedies have been found useful in menstrual disorders. Cooked banana flower eaten with curd is one of the more important of such remedies. The banana flower appears to increase progesterone hormone and reduce the bleeding.
- Beet juice has been found very effective for menstrual disorders.
- Coriander seeds are highly beneficial in the treatment of excessive menstruation.
- Ginger has been useful in menstrual disorders.
- Sesame seeds are also useful in menstrual disorders.
- Safflower seeds have also been found to be beneficial in the treatment of painful menstruation. Dried flowers mixed with confection of rose can also be
given as a medicine for this purpose.
- Lie down and elevate your legs by putting a pillow under your knees.
- Lie on your side and bring your knees up to your chest. This will help relieve back pressure.
- Try using sanitary napkins instead of tampons.
- Get regular exercise like walking. This improves blood flow and may decrease pain.
sources - Womenshealth, WebMd, Medicine Net